Saturday saw the fabulous Ramsgate RNLI Fundraisers Mayday Coffee Morning raising funds for new lifeboat crew kit. The coffee morning included free tours around the lifeboats, bric a brac stands, the super RNLI shop, lovely cake and coffee; and of course our Community Safety team sharing key safety messages. It was lovely to see Councillor Raushan Ara (Thanet District Councillor for Ramgsate) pop by and have a chat with our team. Raushan is hugely supportive of our team’s drowning prevention work and that of the RNLI and it was fabulous to have the opportunity to chat with her. Our team hugely enjoyed the morning chatting to visitors about water safety.
- Check the tide times and weather before you set out
- Wear the right kit for the activity & grab some training if you are taking up a new activity from an approved provider
- Always carry a means of ‘calling for help’ eg fully charged mobile phone
- Tell someone your plans eg when is the latest time that you will be back home
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times and heed local safety warnings
- If the event of hearing or seeing a person or animal in difficulty at the coast or in the water always dial ‘999’ or ‘112’ ask for the Coastguard without delay every second counts
- If you do end up in the water unexpectedly float on your back and float to live.
We would like to pass on our thanks to the Fundraising Team for inviting us along which was appreciated.