The drier weather made a very welcome return on Sunday (20th October) helping to swell visitors to Thanet’s beaches. Our Community Safety team took advantage of the increase in coastal visitors by visiting Dumpton Gap and Ramsgate beaches to help share the coastal safety messages to dog walkers.
As well as reminding and refreshing dog wallkers about not to enter the water if their doggie goes for an extended swim or gets stuck in a perilious position on a cliff, the team spoke about:
- carrying a calling for help device such as as fully charged mobile phone
- checking the tides and weather before setting off on coastal walk
- if going out on your own letting someone know where you are going and what time you will return
- being aware of your surroundings at all times
- take notice and heed local hazard warning signs
- know to call the Coastguard if they hear or see an animal or person who they think maybe in difficulty in the water or at the coast
Our team would like to thank everyone for their time in stopping to chat and we hope you all enjoyed the rest of your walks! Also a big thank you to the RNLI HQ Poole team for delivering and supplying the new Dog Safety signs which went down really well on the beach!
More Useful Safety Links